Snapshot Games, in partnership with Prime Matter, has revealed Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition, the highly anticipated console version of the acclaimed strategy game designed by Julian Gollop, creator of the X-COM series. Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition will release on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One on Oct. 1, 2021. It features the full base game, four major DLC expansions — including the upcoming DLC 4: “Corrupted Horizons,” which launches same-day on PC — plus a DLC weapons pack and free next-gen upgrade to PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S after launch.
Phoenix Point delivers a new breed of turn-based strategy and action. Earth has been overrun. A mutating alien menace threatens the last remnants of mankind. Only the Phoenix Project, a secret organization of the greatest minds and bravest soldiers left, can fight back and save the world.
It’s up to you to lead Earth’s resistance: explore a ravaged planet, build your bases, research and develop new techniques and technologies, manage resources on a global scale, and fight in full-scale, turn-based tactical battles to survive. But you won't be alone. Work together with different factions to unite mankind and take back the planet via Phoenix Point's diplomacy system, or crush all your rivals with military might. No matter what you choose, you’re in for a brutal challenge with endless replayability.
Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition Key Features:
- The Complete Phoenix Point Experience to Date: Includes the full game plus four major DLCs (“Blood and Titanium,” “Legacy of the Ancients,” “Festering Skies” and the upcoming “Corrupted Horizons”) featuring additional story missions, maps, and other gameplay bonuses, DLC weapons pack, and a slew of updates, upgrades, and community-driven quality-of-life improvements.
- Optimized for Consoles: Revamped UI and gamepad controls designed specifically for consoles.
- Intense Turn-based Squad Battles: Deploy your squad of four or more soldiers and drones in tactical, turn-based battles. Take direct control of your soldiers’ shots in combat with a unique free-aiming system -- target enemy weak spots, weapons, and more for mass impact.
- Defend Earth from a Mutating Alien Menace: Face down an alien threat that adapts to your tactics to constantly challenge you. Face intense boss fights against huge monsters with unique abilities that require precise planning and execution.
- The Geoscape Reborn: Take command of a strategic view of world situations and conflicts to plan operations and manage resources on a global scale.
- Deep and Extensive Soldier Development: Customize your soldiers with unique skills and a vast array of weapons and equipment.
- Uncover the Secrets of the Threat: Experience a complex narrative with multiple possible endings, and learn about the origins of the crisis through exploration, diplomacy, and research.
- Manage Diplomatic Relations: Decide how to deal with different factions trying to reclaim Earth. Earn unique rewards for cooperation (and face the consequences for opposition).
- Free Next-Generation Upgrade: Experience the game at 4K|60 FPS on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X with a free upgrade for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One owners after launch.
Phoenix Point: Year One Edition is available now on PC via Steam, the Epic Games Store, the Microsoft Store, GOG.com and Google Stadia. For more details, visit https://phoenixpoint.info, and follow the game on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Discord and the official forums.
Snapshot Games is a video game developer and publisher based in Sofia, Bulgaria, and Los Angeles, California. Founded by Julian Gollop and David Kaye, Snapshot's first game was the crowdfunded and critically praised Chaos Reborn. Snapshot's latest title, Phoenix Point, is a sci-fi strategy and tactical combat game which puts players in control of humanity’s last remnants against an apocalyptic alien threat.
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, and the grim post-apocalyptic future of the Metro series. Upcoming highlights from Deep Silver include Dead Island 2. Deep Silver also owns the development studios Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK; Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA, and Warhorse Studios based in Prague, Czech Republic. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
About Koch Media
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (games, films and software). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe, North America and Australia. The Koch Media group has more than 25 years of experience in the digital media business, and has risen to become the number one publishing partner in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Codemasters, Kaspersky Labs, Konami, Koei Tecmo, Milestone, Sega, Square Enix, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarter in Höfen, Austria Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux, Australia, Czech Republic, Poland, and the United States.
All product titles, publisher names, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks, registered trademarks and/or copyright material of the respective owners. All rights reserved.
Working across projects of all styles, scopes and sizes, single-player, co-op to live ops, from producing to publishing, from ambitious teams taking their first step that need full support without compromising their dream to larger established successful studios searching that next step in the global market and building of brands.
Prime Matter looks to lead through creativity, expression and passion, with games that will grip and enchant with enthralling story-telling, winning an audience with its incredible moments and larger-than-life experiences. Prime Matter is a proud member of the Koch Media Group.
The group’s publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe, America, Australia and Asia. Koch Media has more than 25 years of experience in the digital media business and has risen to become a leading global publishing partner. The Koch Media Group runs a multi-label strategy with fully owned publishing units such as Deep Silver, Milestone, Vertigo Games and Ravenscourt, publishing games for consoles, PC and VR platforms across all physical and digital channels.
Additionally, as global publishing partner Koch Media has formed long-term multi-national publishing collaborations with numerous game publishers including Activision Blizzard, Bethesda, Capcom, CI Games, Giants Software, Kalypso, Koei Tecmo, Konami, Paradox, Sega, SNK, Square Enix, Techland, Tripwire, Warner Bros, and many others.
With its parent company in Höfen, Austria, and the Publishing HQ in Munich, Germany, Koch Media owns local publishing companies in Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Australia, the United States as well as Japan and Hong Kong.
The Koch Media Group owns nine game development studios: Deep Silver Volition (Champaign, IL / USA), Deep Silver Dambuster Studios (Nottingham / UK), Deep Silver Fishlabs (Hamburg / Germany), Warhorse Studios (Prague / Czech Republic), Milestone (Milan / Italy), Voxler (Paris / France) , Flying Wild Hog (Warsaw, Kraków, Rzeszów / Poland), Free Radical Design (Nottingham / UK) and Vertigo Games (Rotterdam /The Netherlands). Additionally, the Koch Media Group collaborates with numerous independent development studios around the world.
Part of the Koch Media Group is also Koch Films, a leading European independent film distributor with business primarily in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy as a cinema, TV, online and Home Entertainment distributor. The Koch Media Group also owns Gaya Entertainment, a leading video game merchandise company in Munich, Germany, and the Quality Assurance Facility in Olomouc, Czech Republic.
Koch Media is an Embracer Group company.