NIS America is excited to announce that R-Type Final 3 Evolved is coming to PS5TM in spring 2023!
The legendary shoot-'em-up hit is back with an unparalleled R-Type experience! Renowned for its colorful visuals and frenetic shooter action, R-Type Final 3 Evolved steps it up in its explosive debut on PS5™ with 3D graphics and modernized gameplay features.
New and veteran players alike can shape their experience with the performance-based difficulty system and customizable ships. Experience classic R-Type trademarks such as the “Force” mechanic along with a nostalgic and addictive gameplay loop.
Navigate an entire universe of new and classic stages, face enemies that evolve based on your performance, and blast the competition away with worldwide leaderboards! R-Type Final 3 Evolved unites R-Type Final 2 and the PS5™ with 7 exclusive stages made by Kazuma Kujo himself–all of the first Stage Pass DLC, new ships, and a multiplayer mode for up to 6 players–fully remade in Unreal Engine 5!
- Evolved Enhancements: Experience the explosive adventure of R-Type on PS5™, where the frenetic action of the original games meets updated 3D visuals and modern gameplay features.
- Universal Challenge: The performance-based difficulty system adjusts to each player’s individual experience, making this game accessible to new and veteran pilots alike.
- Customized Loadout: Choose from a fleet of fighters from previous installments and personalize every element of your ship, including its color, weapon loadout, and decals. You can even customize your pilot to your liking in the hangar!
- Worlds of New Content: R-Type Final 3 Evolved includes PS5™ exclusive stages created by Kazuma Kujo, all of the homage stages from the first Stage Pass, and update Version 2.0.0. which contains new playable ships, a new multiplayer mode, global rankings, and more.
On top of R-Type Final 3 Evolved, NIS America has announced that R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos is coming to Nintendo SwitchTM, PS4TM, PS5TM and PC in summer 2023!
As the Bydo continue to eliminate humanity, you must outsmart and outmaneuver them if the Space Corps has any hope of victory. That is, until you find yourself fighting alongside the very forces you were tasked with destroying...
R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos combines the side-scrolling, shoot-'em-up action the series is known for with tactical, turn-based strategy gameplay for a one-of-a-kind R-Type experience! Remade in Unreal Engine 5, this two-game collection blasts its way onto Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, and PC, with R-Type Tactics II also making its debut in the West for the first time!
Deploy your forces across multiple campaigns, playing as both the Space Corps and the Bydo. You can also set your sights on competitive online play to see who the ultimate tactician really is. With hundreds of ships and levels to choose from between both games, along with branching missions and a new third campaign (all exclusive to R-Type Tactics II), R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos is packed with out-of-this-world content!
- New Frontiers: With the debut of R-Type Tactics II in the West, both titles make their way from the PSP to modern consoles for the first time!
- Whose Side Are You On?: Multiple campaigns for each faction, as well as branching storylines in R-Type Tactics II, allow for a unique gameplay experience across both titles while fleshing out the world of R-Type® and the origins of the sinister Bydo Empire.
- Destroy the Competition: Face off against other players online in both R-Type Tactics I and R-Type Tactics II!
- An Unreal Makeover: Both titles have been remade using Unreal Engine 5, creating a collection that’s both strategically engaging and visually enthralling!
In 2003, NIS America was established in Southern California to bring exciting, one-of-a-kind Japanese culture to North America.
NIS America’s team members devote themselves to the fans. Their respect for their fans is at the heart of everything they do. As an established entertainment publisher in the U.S., NIS America is committed to continuous growth and improvement.
NIS America is a subsidiary of Nippon Ichi Software, Inc., a company famous for its unique line of strategy RPGs with titles such as Disgaea and Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk. In keeping with its mission, NIS America also publishes other popular Japanese games, like the highly acclaimed title, Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
PLAION runs a multi-label strategy, with fully owned publishing units, such as Deep Silver, Prime Matter, Milestone, Vertigo Games and Ravenscourt, publishing games for consoles, PC and VR platforms across all physical and digital channels.
Additionally - as a global publishing partner - PLAION has formed long-term multinational publishing collaborations with numerous game publishers including Activision Blizzard, Bethesda, Capcom, Focus Multimedia, Giants Software, Koei Tecmo, Paradox, Sega, SNK, Square Enix, Techland, THQ Nordic, Tripwire, Warner Bros and many others.
With its parent company in Höfen, Austria - and the HQ in Munich, Germany - PLAION owns local publishing companies in Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Australia, the United States as well as Japan and Hong Kong.
PLAION owns ten game development studios: Deep Silver Volition (Champaign, IL, USA), Deep Silver Dambuster Studios (Nottingham, UK), Fishlabs (Hamburg, DE), Warhorse Studios (Prague, CZ), Milestone (Milan, IT), Voxler (Paris, FR) , DigixArt (Montpellier, FR), Flying Wild Hog (Warsaw, Kraków, Rzeszów, PL), Free Radical Design (Nottingham, UK) and Vertigo Games (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, NL). Additionally, PLAION collaborates with numerous independent development studios around the world.
Part of PLAION is also PLAION PICTURES, a leading independent film distributor in Europe with a library of more than 1.400 titles. Further business operations include Sola Media, a sales agency and production company for family entertainment, Spotfilm Networx, a multi-channel streaming network, and a sub-label dedicated to Japanese animation.
PLAION also owns the leading video game merchandise company DPI Merchandising (Denver, Roseburg, USA and Munich, DE) and a Quality Assurance Facility in Olomouc, CZ.
PLAION is an Embracer Group company.