Capcom brought its latest and greatest updates to Tokyo Game Show 2023 and to fans around the world! This year’s show featured updates on new and upcoming titles, including a deep dive into the gameplay of the highly anticipated Dragon’s Dogma™ 2, a courtroom discovery leading fans to the release of Apollo Justice™: Ace Attorney™ Trilogy, a full-fledged dinosaur forecast for Exoprimal™, the IRL hunting opportunities ahead for the recently released Monster Hunter™ Now, and an extended look at the newest fighter hitting the streets in Street Fighter™ 6!
The entire Capcom Showcase is available to view on the official Capcom YouTube and Twitch channels. Individual assets and trailers for each game are also available on the Capcom Press Center.
Let Your Curiosity Guide Your Journey in Dragon’s Dogma 2
Dragon’s Dogma 2 Director Hideaki Itsuno kicked off Capcom’s TGS Online Special Program by providing the first in-depth look at the deep explorable world of Dragon’s Dogma 2. The roughly ten-minute overview included an explanation of the Pawn AI companions, some of the available vocations, and the two nations players will explore throughout their journey. Itsuno also gave a glimpse of the many ways players will be able to use their creativity to adventure through this immersive world when Dragon’s Dogma 2 releases on PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
Set forth on your grand adventure, Arisen!
Dragon’s Dogma 2 is a narrative-driven action RPG that places players in an immersive fantasy world as the Arisen. You will lead a party of up to three AI companions known as Pawns, including your custom main Pawn, and up to two additional Pawns that can be recruited from other players or offline. Before embarking on each quest of your journey, it is essential to organize your party and ensure that each member is able to leverage each other’s strengths and mitigate their weaknesses by tactically selecting their vocations. When players start their journey in Dragon’s Dogma 2, they will be able to choose their desired playstyle among the four initially available vocations: Fighter, Archer, Thief, and Mage. Players can change the vocation of their Arisen and main Pawn at any time by visiting Vocation Guilds throughout the world and unlock new vocations as they progress through the game.
Choose Your Vocation
- Fighter: The Fighter wields a sword and shield to slice through enemy ranks and deliver powerful blows, while also using shields to protect themselves and their allies.
- Archer: Archers utilize the bow and arrow to strike enemies from afar and excel at targeting airborne foes or creating opportunities for follow up attacks after striking enemy weak points.
- Thief: Attacks with deadly speed, dealing rapid and consecutive strikes with daggers in both hands while exhibiting outstanding mobility. They quickly step away after striking, exploit openings to cling onto enemies, and inflict heavy damage. Thieves may steal from enemies and NPCs alike.
- Mage: Wielding a staff, the Mage offers support to their party in various ways: from launching magick attacks, offering enchantments that bolster party members’ weapons, to casting healing spells.
- Magick Archer: Using magickal arrows, the Magick Archer has a versatile move-set capable of attacking, healing allies, or even learning a custom skill that unleashes a devastating attack over a wide area, in exchange for reducing their own maximum HP.
- Mystic Spearhand: The Mystic Spearhand makes use of their unique Duospear and magick to attack enemies up close or from afar with punishing strikes or magick that can paralyze enemies or hurl multiple objects at them.
The tale of Dragon’s Dogma 2 is split between two nations: Vermund, the kingdom of humanity, and the beastren nation of Battahl. Vermund is a land of rolling green hills, with a fortified capital city populated by nobles, and sprawling commoner settlements surrounding the castle grounds. Meanwhile, the steep canyons of Battahl are littered with ancient ruins that later became the foundation for its current cities. When venturing outside the safety of each nation’s towns, players will encounter travelers, merchants, soldiers, and other folk as they go about their daily lives. Each character has their own motives and objectives, and may even approach the Arisen with a quest. If a Pawn in your party has knowledge of a quest, they will offer to guide the Arisen to their destination. If the sky begins to darken while en route, the Arisen should seek a campsite to sleep rather than brave the smothering darkness and increased dangers of night. Oxcarts also offer quick passage between each major town, but beware: these transports can be attacked before their arrival.
More information regarding Dragon’s Dogma 2 will be revealed at a later date.
Take that! Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy Takes Apollo’s Titillating Trials to New Consoles
Capcom shared new revelations to present for Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy during Tokyo Game Show! Puzzling crime scenes and devious legal duels await as Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy begins session on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Windows, and PC via Steam on Jan. 25, 2024. Look forward to experiencing classic courtroom showdowns from Apollo Justice™: Ace Attorney™, Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ – Dual Destinies, and Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ – Spirit of Justice in just a few months!
Prospective defense attorneys can experience Apollo’s trials and tribulations to the fullest with improved HD resolution, smoother animations, all presented in 16:9 aspect ratio for the entire collection. A newly created UI will also be added to fit modern screen sizes along with enhanced menu and system features for players to fully immerse themselves in courtroom catharsis!
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy will include special items that will have players excited to fight for justice!
- Animation Studio: Piece together actions, gestures and iconic lines for fan-favorite characters such as Apollo Justice, Phoenix Wright, Athena Cykes, and more! Then, pair them with in-game backgrounds and music tracks, press play and enjoy the unforgettable antics that unfold.
- Orchestra Hall: Relive key courtroom moments with a total of 175 music tracks, including songs from previous Ace Attorney Orchestra Concerts and background music from each title in the collection, as well as animated chibi characters playing along to the music.
- Art Gallery: Investigate behind the scenes with a collection of over 500 pieces of art, illustrations, background art, and more.
For more information about Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, visit the official website.
Exoprimal Summons a New Map, Co-op Mission, Street Fighter 6 Crossover, and More in October
During TGS, Capcom suited up for Exoprimal Title Update 2 by revealing new details on the exciting additional content that’s set to debut Oct. 18, 2023. The show highlighted a new final mission type, map, and gear for the online team-based action game alongside a new challenger joining the fray in the Street Fighter 6 collaboration, Chun-Li. The event also summoned a first look at a Rathalos Armor Set skin for Murasame in a teaser for the Monster Hunter crossover coming as part of Title Update 3 in January 2024.
Exoprimal Title Update 2 and Season 2 content includes:
- Street Fighter 6 Collaboration: In this crossover, World Warriors transform into special Exosuit skins for Deadeye (Ryu), Zephyr (Guile), and Vigilant (Chun-Li). Exofighters can also hit the streets of Bikitoa Island with Street Fighter-themed cosmetics, including emotes, Exosuit decals, Comm Wheel stamps, and charms.
- New Co-op Final Mission: In Escape missions, 10 Exofighters work together to make a getaway. In these combat tests, teams secure areas of the map to power up their Exosuits before relying on enhanced armor to break through dinosaur hordes and reach an extraction point.
- New Gear: A pair of new rigs are on the way to the Hangar! Exofighters can wield the Drone to cause a blinding explosion, or they can teleport into the fray with the Edge Strike and unleash a slash attack. Players will also unlock a variety of new skins, emotes, and other cosmetics with the Season 2 Survival Pass.
- New Map: The Ocean Platform offers a new combat area set on an offshore Hi-Xol facility. This map features narrow pathways with a lot of verticality, encouraging Exofighters to use equipment suited to the terrain.
- Seasonal Events: Season 2 will feature Double XP campaigns and special seasonal events where Exofighters can earn holiday-themed skins featuring jack-o’-lanterns and Santa hats.
Exoprimal is out now for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam. It is also available with Xbox Game Pass for console, PC, and Cloud.
The Trail Ahead for Monster Hunter™
The recently released Monster Hunter Now showcased its new AR function, which allows players to take pictures with their favorite monsters in the real world. The first update for the title was also confirmed to be coming in December and will include new weapon types and monsters for players to enjoy. Additionally, March 2024 will mark 20 years since the launch of the first Monster Hunter title in Japan. The 20th anniversary logo and first piece of the 20th anniversary art series debuted during the Tokyo Game Show Special Online Program. More information on the 20th anniversary celebrations will come in the near future, so stay tuned for updates!
A.K.I. Claws Her Way into Street Fighter 6 and Players’ Hearts Starting on Sept. 27!
Prepare yourself for a poisonous new entry to the Street Fighter™ franchise as A.K.I. joins the fight in Street Fighter 6 starting on Sept. 27! As an understudy of F.A.N.G from Street Fighter™ V, A.K.I. takes great joy in using her beloved poisonous projectiles and claw attacks to take down her fiercest opponents.
Feeling brave? Players can take their chances meeting up with A.K.I. in the single-player World Tour mode to learn more about her interest in the evil Shadaloo organization and apply her deadly moves to their custom avatars for use in both World Tour and Battle Hub modes.
A.K.I. will have Outfit 1, colors 3-10, available at release for owners of the Year 1 Character Pass, Deluxe Edition, or Ultimate Edition. Outfit 2 will be available for Ultimate Edition owners or as a separate purchase. Players can also get a taste of her poison for an hour with a Rental Fighter ticket, which can be obtained via a Fighting Pass.
Speaking of Fighting Pass, a fright-tastic Halloween Fighting Pass will be available in October! Prepare to scare fellow competitors with special Halloween-themed items and cosmetics, available for a limited time. And a quick reminder that the fresh Meiji collaboration is wrapping up next week! Place your vote in-game for your favorite Meiji chocolate snack by Sept. 25 and the winning entry will be sent to all players in the form of a special piece of avatar gear!
Two additional Street Fighter 6 updates are coming to players soon:
- Starting on Nov. 1, a new rank called Legend will be added to ranked matches. Legend is a special rank given to the Top 500 players within the Master League. Anyone achieving Legend rank by the time the Phase is finished will receive a special in-game title.
- Training Mode is getting new features as well, including more detailed options for Training Mode Shortcut Settings, Reversal Settings, Frame Meter, Recording Settings, and more!
And in the world of eSports, Street Fighter League: Pro-JP continues its season with nine teams comprised of Japan’s most talented players competing this year to be crowned the best in Japan. Additionally, Street Fighter League: Pro-US and Street Fighter League: Pro-Europe return this fall with the top Street Fighter 6 teams in their respective regions. Then, the world’s strongest teams from all three leagues will duke it out for the coveted Street Fighter League World Championship title.
And don’t forget! Capcom Pro Tour 2023 streams almost every weekend. Sign up online here for a chance to qualify for Capcom Cup and win the first-place prize of one million dollars! Tournaments are open to all participants including pros and amateur players.
Capcom, and the Capcom logo are registered trademarks of Capcom Co., Ltd. in the U.S. or other countries. Ace Attorney, Devil May Cry, Mega Man, Monster Hunter and Resident Evil are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Capcom Co., Ltd., in the U.S. and/or other countries. Street Fighter is a trademark and/or registered trademark of Capcom U.S.A., Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
PLAION runs a multi-label strategy, with fully owned publishing units, such as Deep Silver, Prime Matter, Milestone, Vertigo Games and Ravenscourt, publishing games for consoles, PC and VR platforms across all physical and digital channels.
Additionally - as a global publishing partner - PLAION has formed long-term multinational publishing collaborations with numerous game publishers including Activision Blizzard, Bethesda, Capcom, Focus Multimedia, Giants Software, Koei Tecmo, Paradox, Sega, SNK, Square Enix, Techland, THQ Nordic, Tripwire, Warner Bros and many others.
With its parent company in Höfen, Austria - and the HQ in Munich, Germany - PLAION owns local publishing companies in Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Australia, the United States as well as Japan and Hong Kong.
PLAION owns nine game development studios: Deep Silver Dambuster Studios (Nottingham, UK), Fishlabs (Hamburg, DE), Warhorse Studios (Prague, CZ), Milestone (Milan, IT), Voxler (Paris, FR) , DigixArt (Montpellier, FR), Flying Wild Hog (Warsaw, Kraków, Rzeszów, PL), Free Radical Design (Nottingham, UK) and Vertigo Games (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, NL). Additionally, PLAION collaborates with numerous independent development studios around the world.
Part of PLAION is also PLAION PICTURES, a leading independent film distributor in Europe with a library of more than 1.400 titles. Further business operations include Sola Media, a sales agency and production company for family entertainment, Spotfilm Networx, a multi-channel streaming network, and a sub-label dedicated to Japanese animation.
PLAION also owns the leading video game merchandise company DPI Merchandising (Denver, Roseburg, USA and Munich, DE) and a Quality Assurance Facility in Olomouc, CZ.
PLAION is an Embracer Group company.